Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get access to the Wolfson UK NEQAS results and reports web service?
The service is available for all Birmingham Quality UK NEQAS services, and UK NEQAS services at Glasgow (Cardiac Markers), Edinburgh (Peptide Hormones), Guildford (Peptide Hormones & Trace Elements), Colindale (Microbiology), Bristol (Antibiotic Assays), Manchester (Reproductive Science) and Parasitology.
All participants use their UK NEQAS laboratory identifier as username, and a password which is notified to them with the web service documentation. This can then be changed by the participant.
Please contact Birmingham Quality by email if you require further information or renotification of your password.
Q: I am registered for the Wolfson UK NEQAS results and reports web service but have forgotten my password
Please contact Birmingham Quality by email with Password reset request in the subject line, requesting renotification of your password. It is essential to include the UK NEQAS laboratory identifier code (s) concerned, your name, and your laboratory address for verification purposes. Your request will be dealt with in the next batch of renotifications (usually within one working day).
Q: I am registered for the Wolfson UK NEQAS results and reports web service but cannot seem to log in with the password provided
- Read carefully the guidance notes that came with your password notification
- Establish that your network configuration permits access to our secure server
- Enter your UK NEQAS laboratory identifier code as your username and then the password we provided
- Note that the username and password are case-sensitive: 'A' is not valid for 'a' - all initial passwords were in lower case
- If entering numbers from the numeric keypad, Num Lock must be enabled
- Contact us by email if you still cannot log in